Monday 11 January 2016

Writing Prompt: Every adult in the United States is given 5 million dollars to do with as they please

As I sat behind my desk, shredding each and every one of my letters without opening them, someone knocked on the door. Startled, I quickly opened a letter and took up a pen, to make it look like I was busy. "Come in," I shouted.

My secretary - a tall, slim, lady walked into my office, closing the door behind her. "Good evening, Mr. Trump," she said courteously. "I presume you've heard the news?"

I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about, but my head span with bizarre ideas. Is Barrack dead? Is the white house under attack? Did a muslim enter the country? "W-what's the news," I asked somewhat nervously.

"President Obama is giving every adult in the United States five million dollars to do with as they please," the lady said. "If I may ask, how did you not know of this?"

Before hearing the news, my net worth was 4 billion dollars. Now it's 4 billion 5 million dollars. Then I recalled what my dad had told me when I asked him for a small loan of a million dollars back when I was white. "Little Trump," he had said. "You're going to be a very successful republican, that's why I'm granting you a million dollars to get you started. No need to pay me back until you exceed 4 billion dollars." I had asked him how much I would need to pay me back, and he said, "All of it."

I was a stupid lad, I thought I would never have 4 billion dollars so I signed the contract and took the money. Now, I have over 4 billion dollars, and I have a legal obligation to give every cent to my father. I put down my pen and shoved the letter in the shredder, stood up, and walked to the window with tears in my eyes.

"That'll be all," I sighed. My secretary nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Shortly after, came another knock at the door. But before I could say "come in," the door burst open and Barrack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Martin O'Malley, and Bernie Sanders came running into the room. "Nah-nah-ne-nah-nah," they chanted, laughing and hugging one another. "You're poor!" They all shouted in unison.

I dropped to my knees as they surrounded me, chanting "you're poor," and laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment